- Microsoft teams up with NIST help organizations patch than they did after WannaCry
- Who’s Tracking Who? How to protect yourself from tracking devices
- ASD to SMBs: here's a plain English guide to self defense
- “Disconnected” CISOs struggling to assert security’s relevance to the business
- MIT AI researchers devise approach to detect ‘serial BGP hijackers’
Strategy Advisor, Author and Futurist
Ross Dawson is globally recognized as a leading futurist, keynote speaker, entrepreneur, and authority on business strategy. He is Founding Chairman of four companies: international consulting and ventures firm Advanced Human Technologies, futures think-tank Future Exploration Network, leading events firm The Insight Exchange, and online start-up Repyoot. Strong demand for Ross’s expertise has seen him deliver keynote speeches across six continents and consult to leading organizations worldwide such as Ernst & Young, Macquarie Bank, Microsoft, News Corporation, Procter & Gamble and many others.
He is author of the Amazon.com bestseller Developing Knowledge-Based Client Relationships, now out in its second edition, and the acclaimed book Living Networks, which foresaw he social networking revolution. He also writes the highly influential Trends in the Living Networks blog, has written White Papers for organizations including SAP and Microsoft, and has ublished over 100 articles in leading publications worldwide.
Ross’s frequent media appearances include CNN, Bloomberg TV, SkyNews, ABC TV, Today and Sunrise shows, New York Times, The Guardian, and many others. Ross has run executive education programs and lectured at numerous top-tier academic institutions around the world, including Australian Graduate School of Management, Institute of Banking & Finance, and the University of Virginia.
Previously Ross worked in senior positions in London, Tokyo and Sydney with organizations including Merrill Lynch, NCR and most recently Thomson Financial as Global Director – Capital Markets. He holds a B.Sc (Hons) from Bristol University and a Grad.Dip in Applied Finance from Macquarie University, and is certified as a Master Practitioner of Neuro- Linguistic Programming (NLP). He has extensive international business experience, and speaks five languages.
CIO, Tennis Australia
Samir Mahir is CIO, Tennis Australia, responsible for establishing the organisation’s IT strategy and the delivery of effective solutions as well as innovations for the organisation, the Australian Open and the Australian Open Series. Tennis Australia is the governing body of tennis within Australia, linking to member associations throughout the country. Prior to joining Tennis Australia in 2011, Samir spent 12 years at IBM as part of the management and delivery team of the IBM Worldwide Sponsorship Marketing. Before joining IBM, Samir was the Director of Information Technology with the United States Tennis Association.
- Survey: Consumers balance data privacy against personalisation
- Intrepid Travel promotes CMO to MD post
- How three Aussie brands are making CX a vital strategy
- Optus send message for better customer experience
- CMO interview: How this Australian comparisons site is building brand consideration with consumers