The federal government has no plans to support legislation which requires open source software solutions to be included in all future departmental ICT contracts, and will continue to uphold a neutral stance on open source software, the National Office of Information Economy (NOIE) has stated.
- Cisco: there’s a bad bug in open source software that a Netflix engineer abandoned in 2016
- When moving to cloud, don’t lift-and-shift your security techniques
- Microsoft: find and patch RDP services now because new BlueKeep threats are coming
- My Health Record avoids cybersecurity breaches despite dizzying growth in usage
- Five Eyes intelligence alliance commits to securing the Internet of Things with Industry