Makers of wearable computing devices will ship 110 million products in 2016, a big increase from 2015, with smartwatches accounting for about a quarter of those sales, IDC predicted.
wearable computing - News, Features, and Slideshows
wearable computing in pictures
Driving contextual apps, moving beyond pure augmented and virtual reality, and more industry applications is where wearable computing is heading in 2016, according to analysts.
St George Bank, viewed as the 'innovation hub' of Westpac, has adopted a 'mobile only' strategy, according to CIO Dhiren Kulkarni.
Amazon.com launched a Wearable Technology online store on Tuesday, saying customers are increasingly interested in the devices.
Enterprises this year will begin to experiment with wearable computing as a way to increase safety and productivity in the workplace, according to Deloitte.
- SkyWater gets $170 million from Pentagon for space-friendly chips
- Parliament hack a ‘national cyber crisis’
- Landmark White touts ISO 27001 certification
- Russian group hijacked Iranian spying operation, say NSA, GCHQ
- Facebook announces new steps to clamp down on misinformation ahead of 2020 US election