Many organisations operating in highly regulated industries have been slow to move their core systems to the cloud because they believe vendors can’t provide the level of security and scalability they need. Nothing could be further from the truth and enterprises that are slow to move are quickly falling behind their more nimble competitors. It is understandable that organisations – which operate in market sectors like legal, healthcare and financial services – take extra precautions to make sure internal and external information is secure and consequently decide to keep infrastructure in-house. A group of tech chiefs gathered in Sydney at a CIO roundtable lunch - in partnership with Virtustream - to discuss the challenges and issues they face when moving core infrastructure to the cloud.
- Very Attacked People (VAPs) are doing cybercriminals’ work for them: report
- Telstra: We blocked 2.9 million scam calls in a month, but they keep coming
- Government rewriting cybersecurity conversations around consumer focus
- Chrome 77 fixes 52 security flaws, removes 'ineffective' green bar EV SSL indicators
- Security for the Internet of Everything: Turning the network Into a giant sensor