Malcolm Jackson, CIO of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, is a drilling engineer by training, and he's tech-savvy -- he worked as a mainframe programmer when he started his career in the 1980s. But he also has a background in marketing, which is especially helpful at the EPA.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - News, Features, and Slideshows
Tablets will be rated based on the Energy Star specification in the future.
The U.S. government will push its electronics suppliers to provide energy-efficient and easily recycled products under a new policy released Wednesday.
New legislation in the U.S. Congress would prohibit U.S. companies from exporting hazardous electronic waste to developing nations where some computers, monitors and electronic devices are recycled in primitive conditions.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
- What Open Colleges did to bolster lead generaition
- Apple and Salesforce announced strategic partnership
- Former Virgin Mobile CMO and CEO joins oOh! as first customer chief
- How natural selection AI is generating huge conversion increases for RateCity
- Adobe confirms acquisition of Marketo for US$4.75bn