A week after it was revealed that a Chrysler Jeep could be hacked and remotely controlled, two U.S. senators have called for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to investigate potential widespread risk for consumers.
TSA - News, Features, and Slideshows
The US Department of Justice said 10 people were indicted today for their roles in a $20 million stolen identity refund fraud conspiracy.
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) tops a somewhat unexpected list of schools that are considered by security practitioners as the best in the country for cybersecurity courses and degree programs.
As they have for the past few years the US Customs department teamed with the National Football League to cut into the lucrative counterfeit sports gear market.
Refrigerators might hold spam to keep it cold in the meat bin. But in the Internet of Things world, can fridges connected to the Web blast malicious e-mail as part of a botnet? And how about TVs or other smart devices? In the stranger side of the Internet of Things, Proofpoint said it uncovered a cyberattack in which compromised refrigerators and TVs sent out malicious e-mail. But Symantec, says it saw no evidence of such an attack.
- SkyWater gets $170 million from Pentagon for space-friendly chips
- Parliament hack a ‘national cyber crisis’
- Landmark White touts ISO 27001 certification
- Russian group hijacked Iranian spying operation, say NSA, GCHQ
- Facebook announces new steps to clamp down on misinformation ahead of 2020 US election