Readers will be familiar with the explosive global growth in data theft and data leakage incidents. But they may be less familiar with the corresponding increase in multi-million-dollar law suits flowing from such incidents, as those who are burned in the fall-out from security breaches seek compensation from the courts to cover their losses.
- The week in security: A Parliament of howls as nation-state, BEC attacks fly thick and fast
- Attackers place crypto-jacking apps in Microsoft App Store
- Data breaches exposed 5 billion records in 2018.
- Users are still terrible with passwords, but popularity of security apps suggests they want to get better
- Business email compromise attacks surge as ransomware trails off