From the time he was 9, Daniel Kowalski, now 23, knew cybersecurity was going to be his thing. Captivated by the stealth work of hackers in commercials and in his favorite movie, Live Free or Die Hard, Kowalski nurtured his fascination with security from a young age, pursuing multiple IT and security certifications during high school and earning a degree in computer criminology at Florida State University.
- SecurIT 2019: In an increasingly-encrypted world, visibility is more important than ever
- SecurIT 2019: Being a CSO is like Game of Thrones
- SecurIT 2019: Hackers may be in it for Lulz, but CSOs are in it for their lives
- Despite high-profile hacks, companies still aren’t behaving securely: ex-LulzSec hacker
- Researchers probe shady, dangerous stalkerware app industry