Japanese public broadcaster NHK has developed a prototype 8K screen that's large, thin and shows an amazing picture.
television - News, Features, and Slideshows
television in pictures
Japan began the world's first regular 8K television broadcasts on Monday, five days ahead of the opening of the Olympic Games.
New industry research, commissioned by Twitter, Fox and the Advertising Research Foundation, reports that social activity around television is still mostly a live event as 72 percent of users who tweet about TV do so while watching a live broadcast.
Shape of things to come: Phones, TVs and more are starting to throw us curves
Delivering on an announcement earlier this year, Telstra T-Box owners will be able to subscribe to Foxtel pay TV from the end of the month without the need for a separate device.
- SkyWater gets $170 million from Pentagon for space-friendly chips
- Parliament hack a ‘national cyber crisis’
- Landmark White touts ISO 27001 certification
- Russian group hijacked Iranian spying operation, say NSA, GCHQ
- Facebook announces new steps to clamp down on misinformation ahead of 2020 US election