Australia is preparing to ban Huawei Technologies from supplying equipment for its planned 5G broadband network after its intelligence agencies raised concerns that Beijing could force the Chinese telco to hand over sensitive data, two sources said.
Telco - News, Features, and Slideshows
China's Huawei Technologies has gone on the offensive against Australian claims it poses a security risk.
The Communications Alliance has judged as "virtually impossible" for teleco providers to be ready to abide by new industry rules when they come into effect.
Optus confirmed on Tuesday that it is cutting 400 jobs
Optus has revealed a $42 million quarter-on-quarter fall in net profit for the three months ending March, citing lower revenues from NBN service migrations.
- NSW government strikes deals with Microsoft, Salesforce
- Tech companies join call for govt to back away from encryption crackdown
- Entertainment companies join forces in major push to block pirate sites
- Delaware to test blockchain-based business filing system
- Enterprise PC-buying spree spurs first shipment climb in six years
- Report: Australians ‘lack understanding’ of how apps use their data
- Freeview recruits Foxtel marketer as new head of marketing
- UPDATED: Salesforce ups the Marketing Cloud ante with Datorama acquisition
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan