With the help of DigiWorksCorp, the Norman Rockwell Museum leveraged its transactional data and big data analytics to increase second-time purchasers by 150 percent and revenue by 49 percent.
Technology Topics | Big Data - News, Features, and Slideshows
MapR's latest Hadoop distribution includes support for Hadoop 2.2 with YARN, but is also backward compatible with the MapReduce 1.x scheduler, promising organizations a risk-free upgrade path to the latest Hadoop architecture.
Nearly half of all contact centers consistently collect and report on metrics that they never use to improve the customer experience, according to a new survey.
Big data is rapidly transforming the way we think, work and play. It is helping enterprises use their data to improve their processes, recognize anomalies and better connect with customers. The power of data is changing everything, often without our realizing it is happening. Case in point: football (and fantasy football in particular).
In partnership with social media networks and the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, a nonprofit research project is seeking to show that predictive analytics can identify U.S. veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan who are suicidal and need help.
The votes are in for CIO.com's 10 hottest big data startups to watch. Here are the final rankings based on your voting as well as a variety of other criteria such as funding and company leadership.
Big Data startups are building viable products that target real-world pain points, and most of these Big Data new ventures are well-funded with solid management teams. Here are 10 Big Data startups to watch.
IDG Enterprise's CEO spells out the future of big data, mobility and the impact of 50 billion connected devices by 2020.
Big Data is poised to help marketers reach and engage customers and prospects in ways that businesses are only now starting to understand. Enterprises that don't embrace analytics may soon see embattled customers voting with their wallets.
IT executives are starting to realize that there's little value in big data without robust analytics systems that can crunch the numbers and give key decision makers (read: their bosses) easy-to-digest information. With so few real solutions on the market, though, this is easier said than done.
- Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7's free AV software, Security Essentials
- Mozilla in trouble? 2018 revenue fell 20%, expenses exceed income for first time
- Microsoft’s JEDI contract move: Those are not the cloud providers you’re looking for
- How this broker business cut email use by 30% after Slack rollout
- Microsoft names its next Windows 10 upgrade: '2004'
- Report: More work to be done to build trust digital channels, social media, programmatic
- Business culture index launches in Australia
- GroupM: Ad spending continues to slow; digital giants skew figures
- UBank uses machine learning in new spending tracker
- Salesforce B2B marketing GM: ABM, single source of truth and aligning with sales