French telecommunications company Iliad has dropped its bid for a majority stake in T-Mobile US after an improved offer was rejected by the U.S. carriers' majority owner Deutsche Telekom.
T-Mobile US - News, Features, and Slideshows
The tables could turn by the end of this year in the drama of the U.S. mobile underdogs, with T-Mobile possibly passing Sprint to become the third-largest carrier in the country.
French carrier Iliad's surprise unsolicited bid for T-Mobile US may be good news for everyone but Sprint.
French mobile operator Iliad has offered to buy T-Mobile US, the fourth-largest U.S. cellular carrier, in a bid that could complicated an offer reportedly in the works at Sprint.
Apple's new iOS 8 will support Wi-Fi calling when the version launches in the fall, and T-Mobile US was quick to say on Monday it will support the feature on its customers' iPhones.
- Forecast: Cloudy with a chance of good data management
- Why Australia has an opportunity to lead the way on AI regulation
- Microsoft to dump Windows 10's smaller delta updates
- Google faces €4.34 billion fine over Android browser and search engine ties
- From the computer suite to the C-suite: How tech people can take over business