Devices running Google's Android operating system have dethroned Apple's iPhones and iPads as the biggest drivers of worldwide mobile ad traffic, according to a new study from Opera Mediaworks.
symbian - News, Features, and Slideshows
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/110910-google-android-useful-resources-smartphones.html">Android</a>'s well-documented <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/040711-google-rubin-android.html">fragmentation issues</a> apparently <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/gartner-big-challenges-lurk-building-enterpri">aren't deterring consumers</a> from snatching up Android phones.
Nokia's new <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9221198/Update_Nokia_unveils_first_Windows_phones">Windows Phone 7.5-based Lumia smartphones</a> won't cause many problems for Android-based devices and the iPhone in the U.S., three analysts predicted Wednesday.
Several of Microsoft's business productivity applications will be available for free on Nokia's latest Symbian Belle smartphones later this year, Nokia announced Thursday.
Pop quiz: Can you name every smartphone platform that's more popular than Windows Phone 7? Go on. We dare you.
With so much chatter about tablets this year, you might think that the handheld, rectangular devices being unveiled represent a significant innovation. The reality is that so much of what we're seeing is not a whole lot different than what we saw in previous years; these products offer only a few new twists. But those new twists could make the difference between tablets' remaining a niche item and their finally busting out to the mass market in a meaningful way.
- New copyright rules needed for AI era argue Google, Microsoft
- NSW government strikes deals with Microsoft, Salesforce
- Tech companies join call for govt to back away from encryption crackdown
- Entertainment companies join forces in major push to block pirate sites
- Delaware to test blockchain-based business filing system
- Report: Australians ‘lack understanding’ of how apps use their data
- Freeview recruits Foxtel marketer as new head of marketing
- UPDATED: Salesforce ups the Marketing Cloud ante with Datorama acquisition
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan