Shout.tv wanted to attract millions of fans of sports and other live events to play sponsored trivia games for cash and prizes. But each game was like a DDoS attack on its data centers. As a solution, the company turned to a distributed database management system called NuoDB.
- Cisco directs high priority patches for IP phone security exposures
- Facebook passwords for hundreds of millions of users were exposed to Facebook employees
- Quantum computing will break encryption in a few years
- Metal firm Hydro plans recovery from ransomware that could be wiper malware
- SoftNAS Cloud 0day found: Upgrade ASAP