The Internet Archive, a massive, publicly accessible online repository of everything on the World Wide Web, suffered major fire damage to one of its San Francisco facilities Wednesday night.
storage hardware - News, Features, and Slideshows
WD today announced My Cloud, an Internet-connected hard drive that is available in 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB capacities and offers a simple setup.
Samsung is now mass producing 16GB, 32GB and 64GB embedded memory cards that have 400MB/sec interface speeds, almost triple the performance of its current embedded mobile memory.
With Apple's announcement that it'll bypass a SATA SSD in its Mac Pro and MacBook Air and go straight for the stratosphere of flash with a PCIe card, some pundits are speculating other laptops and desktop vendors may not be far behind.
Sepaton today announced its latest update to its enterprise-class data backup appliance, which almost doubles performance and increases connectivity by 2X over its predecessor.
Enterprise storage demands are reaching a critical point, and vendors are scrambling to develop new products to deal with the data deluge. We look at how these technologies will help manage the major pain points for storage administrators.
Music fans and major recording artists are adopting lossless audio file formats to keep copies of their music thats as close to a master recording as possible, leading to multi-terabyte-sized home music storage systems.
- Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7's free AV software, Security Essentials
- Mozilla in trouble? 2018 revenue fell 20%, expenses exceed income for first time
- Microsoft’s JEDI contract move: Those are not the cloud providers you’re looking for
- How this broker business cut email use by 30% after Slack rollout
- Microsoft names its next Windows 10 upgrade: '2004'
- Report: More work to be done to build trust digital channels, social media, programmatic
- Business culture index launches in Australia
- GroupM: Ad spending continues to slow; digital giants skew figures
- UBank uses machine learning in new spending tracker
- Salesforce B2B marketing GM: ABM, single source of truth and aligning with sales