Organizations have spent vast sums of money on security systems and, when deployed and operated correctly, they play a key role in safeguarding the organization. However, most systems have one critical dependency: The traffic flowing through must be readable. If the traffic is encrypted, many systems are almost completely useless, giving the system owner a false sense of security.
- Prediction #5: Application Programming Interfaces (API) Will Be Exposed as The Weakest Link Leading to Cloud-Native Threats
- Prediction #4: DevSecOps Will Rise to Prominence as Growth in Containerized Workloads Causes Security Controls to ‘Shift Left’
- Prediction #3: Ransomware Attacks to Morph into Two-Stage Extortion Campaigns
- Prediction #2: Adversaries to Generate Deepfakes to Bypass Facial Recognition
- Prediction #1: Broader Deepfakes Capabilities for Less-skilled Threat Actors