Italian surveillance software maker Hacking Team recently claimed that it hasn't lost any customers after the massive leak of its internal data two weeks ago. But it has lost at least one business partner: U.S.-based penetration testing specialist and zero-day exploit broker Netragard.
spyware - News, Features, and Slideshows
Surveillance software maker Hacking Team has provided its government customers with the ability to infect the low-level firmware found in laptops and other computers that they wanted to spy on.
The group behind the Duqu cyberespionage tool has compromised at least two telecommunications operators and one electronic equipment manufacturer, in addition to a cybersecurity firm and venues that hosted high-level nuclear negotiations between world powers and Iran.
Multiple cyberespionage groups are specifically targeting government and military organizations from countries in Asia and the Pacific region with the goal of gathering geo-political intelligence, according to new security research.
A security firm is warning that a group of Russian hackers known for targeting military, government and media organizations is now preparing to attack banks in the US and elsewhere.
Students at a U.S. military graduate school in California are mining social media with new methods that may change the way the armed forces collect intelligence overseas.
Here we go again. Another BlackBerry security scare, in which some "noble" researcher explains to all of us blissfully-unaware BlackBerry users that our precious devices aren't nearly as safe as we think they are.
Whitepapers about spyware
In 2010, the threat posed by the web is sharper and more extensive than ever before. Almost any website can now host malware, or forward you to one that does. Indeed, an infection is much more likely to result from a visit to a perfectly legitimate website that has been compromised with a virus or spyware – than from one set up specifically to spread malware. Read More.
- New copyright rules needed for AI era argue Google, Microsoft
- NSW government strikes deals with Microsoft, Salesforce
- Tech companies join call for govt to back away from encryption crackdown
- Entertainment companies join forces in major push to block pirate sites
- Delaware to test blockchain-based business filing system
- Report: Australians ‘lack understanding’ of how apps use their data
- Freeview recruits Foxtel marketer as new head of marketing
- UPDATED: Salesforce ups the Marketing Cloud ante with Datorama acquisition
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan