The government’s 457 visa fix will not help the Australian tech industry effectively address the ongoing skills crisis, according to panelists at a recent CIO Australia breakfast event in Melbourne.
Sportsbet - News, Features, and Slideshows
A Netflix-style recommendation engine on steroids, a Google AdWords beater and a souped-up game simulator are among a number of machine learning models at work behind the scenes at online bookmaker Sportsbet, the company has revealed.
“When I first started working at Sportsbet, I wasn’t sure what to expect,” says CIO Simon Noonan.
“When I first started working at Sportsbet, I wasn’t sure what to expect,” CIO Simon Noonan says.
Established in Darwin in 1993, Sportsbet was Australia’s first licensed bookmaker. Bought out in 2005 at a time when the popularity of face-to-face bookmakers was fading, the company provided punters with simple and easy ways to make bets over the phone and online.
- Mingis on Tech: 3 big takeaways from Android Pie
- Chromes 68 takes notifications native in Windows 10
- Microsoft may soon add multi-session remote access to Windows 10 Enterprise
- Cisco, Arista settle lawsuit, refocus battle on network, data center, switching arenas
- iSelect outlines new approach to arrest ineffective marketing as its reports full-year results
- KPMG Australia appoints ex-Publicis leader as head of brand strategy
- In depth: The art of dealing with Generation Z
- Panel: The possibilities and pitfalls of AI in CX
- Found co-creator shares his checklist for startup marketing