Smartwatch sales in Australia have boomed in the first half of 2016, up 89 per cent on the same period last year.
smart watches - News, Features, and Slideshows
smart watches in pictures
Though some predictions around growth in the wearable tech market have been sobering, many fail to factor in the potential for wearables beyond fitness trackers and smartwatches. Fashion is now teaming up with tech to create smart fabrics and accessories in truly wearable designs that don't sacrifice functionality.
These are great! But be patient, 'cause they need a bit more time to be fully baked.
Enterprises this year will begin to experiment with wearable computing as a way to increase safety and productivity in the workplace, according to Deloitte.
CIO.com Senior Writer Tom Kaneshige attended a wearable technology show yesterday and stared a bevy of smartwatches in the face. Today, he ponders whether anyone needs one of these trendy devices to know what time it is -- or maybe that's not the point.
- Mingis on Tech: 3 big takeaways from Android Pie
- Chromes 68 takes notifications native in Windows 10
- Microsoft may soon add multi-session remote access to Windows 10 Enterprise
- Cisco, Arista settle lawsuit, refocus battle on network, data center, switching arenas
- iSelect outlines new approach to arrest ineffective marketing as it reports full-year results
- KPMG Australia appoints ex-Publicis leader as head of brand strategy
- In depth: The art of dealing with Generation Z
- Panel: The possibilities and pitfalls of AI in CX
- Found co-creator shares his checklist for startup marketing