Nasdaq and Intermedia are among the latest firms to suffer lengthy - and public - service outages. Eventually, the same thing will happen to you. Here are four key lessons IT leaders can learn from others' mistakes.
service outage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Outages to Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) offerings over the weekend have received plenty of global coverage, but they left at least one Australian business frustrated.
Amazon Web Services has been going through a much publicised outage, which has lasted by all appearances more than 12 hours. A range of services including Hootsuite, Reddit, Heroku, Foursquare, Quora and others have all faced major disruptions.
Telstra will restore mobile services in Queensland within 24 hours following the damage caused by Cyclone Yasi in the far north of the state.
- DWS acquires Canberra-based Projects Assured in $43M deal
- Enterprise exit as CSG flags further $10M decrease in expected earnings
- Partners ready as public cloud services market hits $117B
- Synnex strengthens finance options through automation
- Bulletproof’s big exit and the double-edged sword of going public
- IBM ends China's 5-year reign atop supercomputer rankings
- How BP drives automation at scale across supply and trading business
- Oracle is changing how it reports cloud revenues — what's it hiding?
- Why mobile satellite is flying high
- US Supreme Court rules warrant required for mobile phone location data