The denizens of global security mailing list Bugtraq have started discussing whether the Australian Taxation Office's e-tax 2010 software -- currently being used by millions of Australians to submit their tax returns -- has a security hole in it, due to the way it deals with remote Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates.
- Insights: CSO Security Capabilities Survey 2019
- The NDB scheme ferreted out nearly 1000 data breaches in its first year. Now, the harder part begins.
- Executives’ dismissive cybersecurity attitudes set the stage for Toyota, Cabrini, Parliament, and other breaches
- A third of Chrome extensions use libraries with known vulnerabilities, a handy new tool finds
- Cisco warns on Hyperflex security vulnerabilities