It has been Microsoft's goal ever since it dumped Windows Mobile: to deliver an operating system kernel that worked just as well on a handheld device as on a laptop. Back in 2008, that goal seemed rather ambitious. And as we saw with Windows 8, it's been something the company has never completely achieved.
- As PageUp remediates its security breach, a reminder that times have changed
- As FIFA World Cup kicks off, Australia’s technological readiness could be its biggest weakness
- As experts dissect Trump-Kim summit, cybersecurity eyes are on North Korea
- Secure-cloud challengers target skills-deprived government agencies, businesses
- EU parliament overwhelmingly backs recommending a ban on Kaspersky products