The PostgreSQL open source database project has released the first beta of version 9.1, which its developers say has more new features than appeared with the 9.0 release, including synchronous replication to help prevent data loss.
- Firefox’s Mozilla doubles its bug bounty cash rewards
- Australian businesses slower to detect breaches than global peers, but everyone is still taking too long
- Declining PCI DSS compliance a lead indicator of inadequate security practices
- IBM aims at hybrid cloud, enterprise security
- NSA warns enterprises over TLS traffic inspection risks: do it once, and do it well