What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago it was almost impossible to find Australian organisations that had embraced cloud computing. Now pretty much everyone is planning, piloting or executing some form of migration to the cloud. If there was ever doubt that cloud was little more than hype, it was eradicated in April 2010 by Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) group executive for enterprise services and chief information officer, Michael Harte. In a speech to Committee for Economic Development in Australia, Harte declared that never again did he wish to be locked into using proprietary hardware or software and cloud computing was his escape route.
- Updates are like vaccinations
- For breach-weary healthcare CISOs, Internet of Medical Things is yet another headache
- The Hypothetical Life of a CISO
- A new wholesale high speed Ethernet option to help facilitate cloud innovation for nbn™ service providers and their customers
- Cloud-based security is creating existential angst for CISOs