Optus reduced its head count by 14.3 per cent in the 12 months to 31 March, reducing its workforce from around 8500 to just under 7300. The telco today revealed that as a result staff costs were down 15.2 per cent compared to the prior year.
- Microsoft closes security ‘loophole’ in AzureAD 2FA registration process
- Ease-of-use makes Deakin University’s ‘smarter SIEM’ as valuable for cybersecurity students as for SOC staff
- At least 10m records compromised in single Australian data breach despite drop in NDB reports
- iOS 12.3 kills support for Google’s Bluetooth Titan security key over hijacking flaw
- Extreme Networks grows networked IoT security protection