Major endorsement for start-up from OpenStack founder
OpenStack - News, Features, and Slideshows
OpenStack in pictures
Two vendors, Midokura and Pluribus, offer products for visibility into operations, performance
Cloud provider merging ACI's network fabric with open source storage and compute framework
As the private cloud market has matured, there are now a plethora of options for customers. Forrester Research breaks the market down into bite-size chunks and has some advice on how to choose which private cloud is right for you.
Melbourne’s Monash University has deployed what is believed to be the world’s first 100Gb/s end-to-end OpenStack cloud.
The OpenStack cloud platform works well for companies that aim to deploy software or infrastructure as a service but remain wary of doing so using public cloud services. Here's how to find out if OpenStack is right for your business.
A private Cloud looks and acts like a public Cloud, giving your corporation all the speed, agility and cost savings promised by Cloud technology, only it's single-tenant, and that tenant is you, right? Well, that's the goal, but it's not quite the reality yet for most enterprises.
According to Piston Cloud Computing's CTO, the rate at which his customer's pilot projects turn into production private clouds is pretty typical of most OpenStack-based providers – and it's pretty low.
OpenStack -- co-founded by Rackspace and NASA in 2010 -- certainly has the buzz, what with partnerships with AT&T, HP and IBM, to name a few, all of which have promised to use OpenStack as the base for their private cloud offerings.
What of the oft-mentioned northbound APIs that will let applications tell the controller what they need from the network? What kind of progress is the Open Networking Foundation making on that front? Network World Editor in Chief John Dix put the question to Robert Sherwood, CTO of Big Switch Networks and head of the ONF's Architecture and Framework Working Group.
- 4 factors to ruin your serverless migration
- Dubbo Java RPC project graduates to Apache top level status
- Windows 10 1903 arrives after stretch of extra testing
- Review: Windows 10 May 2019 Update unleashes a spring surprise
- Microsoft returns to Mac browser market after 16 years with 'Chromium-ed' Edge
- JC Decaux executives outline plans for programmatic, audience-based out-of-home category growth
- How SuperFastDiet reduced its waistline, and cost per lead, with data
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 23 May 2019
- Report: Forrester's first voice of customer wave highlights Usabilla, Pulse Insights, and ForeSee
- Groupon announces new A/NZ head of marketing