It was a challenging year for Microsoft as it continued to adapt to a mobile world and launched Windows 8. Here's a look back at the most popular CIO.com stories and slideshows about Microsoft from 2012.
- Microsoft warned 10,000 targets of nation-state hackers in one year
- Microsoft eyes Mozilla’s Rust to obliterate C++ memory security flaws
- Will Facebook’s $US5b punishment finally prompt other companies to act on privacy?
- As skills gaps persist, CEDA finds temporary migration is “a net positive” for Australia
- The week in security: After major GDPR violations, everything is fine