Over the last few years, thanks to the cloud, technology buying within businesses has changed. If your business uses Salesforce, for instance, it's likely because the marketing team signed up without ever asking IT about it and the service spread inside the company until you had to formally evaluate and standardize on it. Your CFO might have been the reason you're now using NetSuite. Get used to the same thing happening with developers as well, and this time for services beyond what you might normally think as part of the IT department's purview.
- Google Chrome on Android gets ‘site isolation’ shield against Spectre CPU attacks
- Oracle drops 219 fixes in October 2019 critical patch update
- Adobe patches dozens of critical flaws in Acrobat PDF products
- The week in security: Women speak out on cybersecurity careers, CISOs struggle for relevance
- Microsoft releases 'tamper protection' for all Windows 10 users to stop malware turning off antivirus