Mobile games giant DeNA hopes to begin a robot taxi service in Tokyo by 2020, joining Uber Technologies and Google in the race to offer self-driving cabs and cars.
nissan - News, Features, and Slideshows
Nissan hopes to have a car that can navigate Japan's highways on its own next year, and the company plans to have a completely self-driving vehicle for urban areas by 2020.
Truly autonomous cars won't exist for at least 10 years, but earlier models starting next year will do some of the driving for you.
Qualcomm pays $975 billion fine in China ... HP buys cloud security company ... Now you can set up a drone no-fly zone ... and more news.
The world's 19 biggest automakers <a href="https://www.globalautomakers.org/topic/privacy">have agreed to principles</a> they say will protect driver privacy in an electronic age where in-vehicle computers collect everything from location and speed to what smartphone you use.
- SkyWater gets $170 million from Pentagon for space-friendly chips
- Parliament hack a ‘national cyber crisis’
- Landmark White touts ISO 27001 certification
- Russian group hijacked Iranian spying operation, say NSA, GCHQ
- Facebook announces new steps to clamp down on misinformation ahead of 2020 US election