Why should sourcing professionals embrace multi-sourcing approaches? There are several key reasons, including exerting competitive pressure over suppliers, gaining access to specialised skills, and compelling better performance from providers. Of course, using multiple providers is nothing new, but taking a systematic approach to multi-sourcing governance is. However, before embarking down this road, there are several factors sourcing professionals need to consider, which when combined, present challenges in achieving multi-sourcing success:
- Microsoft warned 10,000 targets of nation-state hackers in one year
- Microsoft eyes Mozilla’s Rust to obliterate C++ memory security flaws
- Will Facebook’s $US5b punishment finally prompt other companies to act on privacy?
- As skills gaps persist, CEDA finds temporary migration is “a net positive” for Australia
- The week in security: After major GDPR violations, everything is fine