Many of today's mobile and Web applications collect personal data. This makes plenty of users pause before downloading. To ease user's minds -- and to help developers demonstrate that they have legitimate reasons for collecting that information -- MyPermissions has established a permissions certificate process to deem apps 'trustworthy.'
- Google Chrome on Android gets ‘site isolation’ shield against Spectre CPU attacks
- Oracle drops 219 fixes in October 2019 critical patch update
- Adobe patches dozens of critical flaws in Acrobat PDF products
- The week in security: Women speak out on cybersecurity careers, CISOs struggle for relevance
- Microsoft releases 'tamper protection' for all Windows 10 users to stop malware turning off antivirus