The world has gone digital and there will be 30 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020. This means that businesses of all sizes need to create compelling digital strategies that improve interactions with customers.
middleware - News, Features, and Slideshows
Intel has kicked off a broad effort to speed the adoption of the modern cloud infrastructure, which it says has been slow to take off because the software is complex and takes too long to deploy.
How Melbourne's largest water and sanitation organisation dealt with damaging online application issues.
Closing a gap with other enterprise cloud providers, Google has created a service to facilitate communications across applications that customers build on the company's cloud platform.
The Internet of Things is a nascent market, so any help an organization can get setting up its own cloud-connected swarm of devices could provide it with an edge over competitors.
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
Informatica is aiming to ease the pain of data integration with a new platform designed to allow businesses to rapidly prototype and validate before sending projects to development.
Data management is inherently tricky, but when it involves robots in space-communicating via a low-bandwidth intermittent link#8212;it's trickier. NASA is leveraging Data Distribution Service for Real-Time Systems to help it solve that problem as part of its Human Exploration Telerobotics project.
The end of each year sparks an occasion for rumination on the past, as well as a longing gaze into the future. We shined up our crystal ball, rubbed our chin for a while, and sought opinions from industry analysts on what the future holds for the enterprise software market.
- IT talent war driving ‘unsustainable’ wage growth, report says
- Anti-piracy bill takes aim at ‘cyberlockers’, search engines
- Victoria Police to fit 220 patrol cars with number plate recognition cams
- New anti-piracy laws to target search engines
- Optus forks out $12 million to customers over direct carrier billing
- Huawei former channel boss joins HPE
- Motorola Solutions wins $17.3M number plate scanning deal with Vic Police
- NSW Telco Authority keeps NEC Australia for next phase of CCEP roll out
- Apple allows A/NZ users tool to see what data it has collected
- Spirit Telecom wins $1.7M Vic Govt contract in NBN alternative play
- So long, JCP: Eclipse has a new Java spec process in mind
- What is a private cloud? (And some things that it's not)
- Google aims Plus at the enterprise as consumer side falters
- Big browsers to pull support plug for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 encryption protocols in early '20
- 3..., 2..., 1? How complaints tamed Microsoft's aggressive feature upgrade strategy