Google is moving to make Maps more than just about getting to your destination. Maps is getting social.
Maps - News, Features, and Slideshows
Maps in pictures
Later this year, Google Maps users will start seeing new ads as they're driving down the road and planning trips using its mobile app.
Nokia has reached an agreement to sell its Here mapping and location services business to an automotive industry consortium consisting of Audi, BMW Group and Daimler, in a deal that gives the business an enterprise value of €2.8 billion (US$3.1 billion).
Google has allowed a branding and marketing mess to fester around its enterprise business for far too long. The company needs a unifying message that can explain Google for Work to prospective customers in a more cohesive fashion.
Audi, BMW and Daimler will jointly purchase Nokia's Here digital mapping service for roughly $2.7 billion, and they plan to invite other auto makers to take a stake in the company as well, according to reports published on Tuesday.
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
If there's one thing there's an inexhaustible supply of it's negligence. The Big N appears everywhere and it's indefatigable. As soon as you let your guard down for a second, it jumps up, slaps you upside the head, and runs around causing chaos.
- Enterprise exit as CSG flags further $10M decrease in expected earnings
- Partners ready as public cloud services market hits $117B
- Synnex strengthens finance options through automation
- Bulletproof’s big exit and the double-edged sword of going public
- White label infrastructure makers eat into tech giants’ public cloud market share
- How BP drives automation at scale across supply and trading business
- Oracle is changing how it reports cloud revenues — what's it hiding?
- Why mobile satellite is flying high
- US Supreme Court rules warrant required for mobile phone location data
- Browser updates: Here's how often Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari get refreshed