Microsoft today issued one of its sporadic emergency, or "out-of-band," security updates to patch a vulnerability in Windows -- including the yet-to-be-released Windows 10 -- that was uncovered by researchers sifting through the massive cache of emails leaked after a breach of Italian surveillance vendor Hacking Team.
Malware & Vulnerabilities - News, Features, and Slideshows
Adobe today patched Flash Player to quash a pair of zero-day vulnerabilities found in the massive cache of documents hackers stole from the Hacking Team surveillance company.
Adobe next week will patch a second zero-day vulnerability found in the leaked documents from the Hacking Team, a controversial Italian company that sells surveillance software and exploits to governments, Adobe said late Friday.
Samsung has been disabling Microsoft's Windows Update on its desktops and notebooks, leaving customers vulnerable to malware that targets already-patched vulnerabilities, a researcher reported yesterday.
Cousin of FREAK, the just-disclosed Logjam flaw has again sent browser makers and website administrators scrambling to craft and apply patches, a repeat of the March rush to shut down its predecessor.
- How to: 7 steps to building the ultimate CX dashboard
- CMO's top 6 martech stories for the week - 14 December 2017
- Suncorp, Flight Centre customer chiefs debate the value of the retail shopfront
- Winc appoints first CMO with transformation remit
- How Craveable Brands bolstered customer loyalty and sales with marketing technology