The leader of the now-disbanded LulzSec hacking group directed members to attack targets in dozens of countries, including the U.K., Turkey, Brazil and Australia, even as he was serving as an FBI informant, according to a news report.
Lulzsec - News, Features, and Slideshows
Lulzsec in pictures
A leader of the LulzSec hacking group is walking free after serving about seven months in prison because of his cooperation with police that has helped prevent hundreds of other attacks.
The hactivist group Anonymous reacted angrily to the Internet shutdown yesterday in Syria, an act attributed to the embattled regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad in the civil war there. Anonymous basically declared war on the Syrian regime, saying it intends to obliterate "all Web assets belonging to the Assad regime that are NOT hosted in Syria," starting today.
Although vendor-written, this contributed piece does not advocate a position that is particular to the author's employer and has been edited and approved by Network World editors.
Enterprise product in the making and ‘loved’ by disbanded hacker group LulzSec.
The constant and very real threat of distributed denial of service
(DDoS) attacks aimed at headline grabbing “hacker” groups, such as
Lulz Security and Anonymous, have helped one tech start-up pick up new
As 2012 comes to a close, it's time to reflect on the security trends of the year with this look at the hottest security slideshows of 2012.
- Enterprise exit as CSG flags further $10M decrease in expected earnings
- Partners ready as public cloud services market hits $117B
- Synnex strengthens finance options through automation
- Bulletproof’s big exit and the double-edged sword of going public
- White label infrastructure makers eat into tech giants’ public cloud market share
- How BP drives automation at scale across supply and trading business
- Oracle is changing how it reports cloud revenues — what's it hiding?
- Why mobile satellite is flying high
- US Supreme Court rules warrant required for mobile phone location data
- Browser updates: Here's how often Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari get refreshed