What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago it was almost impossible to find Australian organisations that had embraced cloud computing. Now pretty much everyone is planning, piloting or executing some form of migration to the cloud. If there was ever doubt that cloud was little more than hype, it was eradicated in April 2010 by Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) group executive for enterprise services and chief information officer, Michael Harte. In a speech to Committee for Economic Development in Australia, Harte declared that never again did he wish to be locked into using proprietary hardware or software and cloud computing was his escape route.
- Cisco enterprise alert: Atlassian Jira bug tracker software has multiple security bugs
- The week in security: Early cyber education could stop people from being such easy targets – eventually
- Very Attacked People (VAPs) are doing cybercriminals’ work for them: report
- Telstra: We blocked 2.9 million scam calls in a month, but they keep coming
- Government rewriting cybersecurity conversations around consumer focus