Managers must become leaders to thrive in a new world of IT service delivery, according to Charles Araujo, founder and CEO of the IT Transformation Institute.
IT managers - News, Features, and Slideshows
Deciding whether to train and promote your current staff or bring in new blood is a choice many IT leaders face on a regular basis. The best decision, of course, depends on many variables. The first step is answering these six questions.
Cloud computing is poised to win the title of most popular, and populist, buzzword of 2009.
Most managers want their team members to be more proactive when it comes to making decisions. IT Team leaders at any level can use a 'Tree Decision Rights' model to identify different types of decisions and then work with their team members to empower them to take on more decision-making responsibly.
Whitepapers about IT managers
Dense computing is becoming a common choice for IT managers who are struggling with sprawl and inefficiency in the data centre. This whitepaper looks at the basics of dense computing, the benefits of dense computing architecture and how to choose the right platform.
- Microsoft aims Teams at more frontline workers, retires StaffHub
- Recognising the value of millennials in today’s IT businesses
- Instagram co-founders resign in latest Facebook executive exit
- Researchers say Data61-backed blockchain platform delivers scalability, energy efficiency
- NBN Co rolls out capacity boost for transit network
- Youfoodz brings on first CMO as it sets its sights on global growth
- Specsavers CMO discusses the drivers for the Priceless eyes campaign and media fragmentation
- Adobe, Microsoft and SAP pitch for seamless customer data integration with new initiative
- What Open Colleges did to bolster marketing profitability
- Apple and Salesforce announce strategic partnership