As the days shorten, so does the iOSphere's patience. But we may only have to wait 25 days before our agony is over and the Next iPhone is revealed.
iPhone 5 - News, Features, and Slideshows
iPhone 5 in pictures
Worldwide mobile phone sales totaled 1.75 billion units in 2012, a 1.7 per cent decline from 2011 earlier despite record smartphone sales in the fourth quarter last year, according to Gartner.
Mobile devices like the iPhone 5 are embracing the 5 GHz band, and that trend will expand as 802.11ac radios become prevalent even on smartphones starting in 2013.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of the IDG News Service.
The iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet, but it's ultimately an evolutionary phone, not a revolutionary one.
Google has finally released its long-awaited Maps application for iOS.
- Microsoft aims Teams at more frontline workers, retires StaffHub
- Recognising the value of millennials in today’s IT businesses
- Instagram co-founders resign in latest Facebook executive exit
- Researchers say Data61-backed blockchain platform delivers scalability, energy efficiency
- NBN Co rolls out capacity boost for transit network
- Youfoodz brings on first CMO as it sets its sights on global growth
- Specsavers CMO discusses the drivers for the Priceless eyes campaign and media fragmentation
- Adobe, Microsoft and SAP pitch for seamless customer data integration with new initiative
- What Open Colleges did to bolster marketing profitability
- Apple and Salesforce announce strategic partnership