With the Chinese government turning up the heat on foreign IT vendors, citing security concerns, IBM is finding help from an unlikely source: a competitor, local server vendor Inspur.
Inspur - News, Features, and Slideshows
China continues to hold the top spot in the Top 500 supercomputer list, but the US still dominates, with 90 per cent of the systems on the list made by US vendors.
Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
- What Open Colleges did to bolster lead generaition
- Former Virgin Mobile CMO and CEO joins oOh! as first customer chief
- How natural selection AI is generating huge conversion increases for RateCity
- Adobe confirms acquisition of Marketo for US$4.75bn
- Ray White's marketing chief on building a great brand