An app that provides a “life coach in your pocket” and a virtual reality simulator that gives users an immersive experience of being harassed are among the solutions of seven social entrepreneurs named as finalists in Optus’ Future Makers tech accelerator program.
incubator - News, Features, and Slideshows
A late 19th Century heritage listed house has been converted into a 22 desk ‘commercial regtech sandbox facility’, claimed to be the first of its kind in Australia.
Optus has opened applications to its four-month tech accelerator program – Future Makers – to start-ups, social entrepreneurs and charities.
Otto Berkes knows firsthand how an idea dreamt up by a small bunch of engineers can change the course of one of the biggest companies in the world.
Visa’s headline-grabbing South by Southwest unveiling of a pair of sunglasses that can make contactless payments, is possible thanks to a Sydney surfer, it has been revealed.
- Enterprise PC-buying spree spurs first shipment climb in six years
- Ericsson, Telstra and Intel clock another 5G first
- Cisco shares dive after reports of AWS networking kit move
- People trying to opt-out of My Health Record find they already have one
- Samsung and Uniting launch VR pilot for residents with dementia
- Inside EY: invest, build or partner?
- Last chance to submit your views on the state of the A/NZ channel
- Venture capital investment in Aussie start-ups surpasses $630M
- ASG secures $11M “digital-first” deal with National Audit Office
- iQ3 partners with Vocus to boost cloud capabilities of distribution giant
- How Misha Collection grew from a $100 side business to a multi-million dollar global fashion icon
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan
- Budget Direct CMO: Experiment with voice assistants now or miss the next customer engagement wave
- Latest Hays jobs report show widespread gaps in marketing and digital skills
- Why we need to look inside the black box of AI