With an eye on “big plans, small projects”, South Australia is fast-tracking its digital reforms agenda. The state’s CIO, Bret Morris, told CIO Australia that it is focusing mostly on mobile apps and open data.
ICT procurement - News, Features, and Slideshows
The NSW government is asking startups to bid for short-term contracts worth up to $250,000 in a reform of ICT procurement policy.
The Victorian government has appointed Grantly Mailes chairman and sole director of the CenITex board as the agency transitions from an internal ICT provider to a broker of services.
The Victorian government seeks to address demand for ICT and related skills across government and industry in the state, according to the Victorian Government’s chief technology advocate, Grantly Mailes.
The Victorian government has requested ICT services from the private sector to replace its internal provider CenITex.
- IT talent war driving ‘unsustainable’ wage growth, report says
- Anti-piracy bill takes aim at ‘cyberlockers’, search engines
- Victoria Police to fit 220 patrol cars with number plate recognition cams
- New anti-piracy laws to target search engines
- Optus forks out $12 million to customers over direct carrier billing
- Huawei former channel boss joins HPE
- Motorola Solutions wins $17.3M number plate scanning deal with Vic Police
- NSW Telco Authority keeps NEC Australia for next phase of CCEP roll out
- Apple allows A/NZ users tool to see what data it has collected
- Spirit Telecom wins $1.7M Vic Govt contract in NBN alternative play
- So long, JCP: Eclipse has a new Java spec process in mind
- What is a private cloud? (And some things that it's not)
- Google aims Plus at the enterprise as consumer side falters
- Big browsers to pull support plug for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 encryption protocols in early '20
- 3..., 2..., 1? How complaints tamed Microsoft's aggressive feature upgrade strategy