For the first time, the University of Sydney hired a security guard to man the door at a public lecture this week, given by the director of digital espionage research centre Citizen Lab, Ron Deibert.
Human Rights - News, Features, and Slideshows
A guide to mobile handsets, tablets, apps and software for people with disabilities has been launched by the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN).
The federal government’s Ambassador for Cyber Affairs has literally cried ‘fake news’ in response to criticism of the country’s privacy protections made by a United Nation Special Rapporteur.
Today’s technology can bring us to tears. Speaking yesterday at an Australian Human Rights Commission’s technology conference in Sydney, Emma Bennison of Blind Citizens Australia recounted her experience of using an app called Aira for the first time.
Affordable Internet access around the world should be a basic human right as it is essential for freedom of expression and economic opportunity, according to the results of a global survey released by the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI).
- SkyWater gets $170 million from Pentagon for space-friendly chips
- Parliament hack a ‘national cyber crisis’
- Landmark White touts ISO 27001 certification
- Russian group hijacked Iranian spying operation, say NSA, GCHQ
- Facebook announces new steps to clamp down on misinformation ahead of 2020 US election