When you forget your Gmail password, and have two factor authentication (2FA) enabled, Google will SMS or call you with a six to eight digit code. You enter the code (Google calls this 2-step verification) and gain access to your account.
- The week in security: Rethinking security in an age of cyber insecurity
- What if the Internet never existed?
- Oracle releases emergency patch or WebLogic, exploits in the wild
- A deeper look into the WhatsApp hack and the complex cyber weapons industry
- Google’s new Chrome extension lets human users flag dodgy sites for Safe Browsing