When it comes to Cloud computing, CIOs are pragmatic, and perhaps cynical enough, to take its Green credentials with a grain of salt. It’s not that sustainability isn’t an issue, but it’s the flexibility and potential savings of Cloud computing that really have everybody excited. It’s probably just as well, because although Cloud companies are quick to play the ‘Green IT’ card, it seems they’re not always so eager to provide information to back up the claims. And as is so often the case when it comes to sustainability, it’s not just a story about energy efficiency — it’s about clean energy.
- Giving “toxic” data back to consumers will make CDR a boon for business: expert
- Cisco warns to patch small business 220 series switches after exploit code published
- Cisco: 6 critical security alarms for UCS software, small-biz routers
- Microsoft’s Chromium Edge beta emerges along with a new $30k top prize bounty
- Week in security: Are cybercriminals getting ready to storm the BlueKeep?