When President Barack Obama takes executive action on immigration, he's expected to give final approval to a rule allowing spouses of H-1B visa holders, now barred from working in the U.S., to get jobs.
Gov't Legislation - News, Features, and Slideshows
China's government, which banned Windows 8 from agencies' computers, has now dropped Apple's notebooks and tablets from an approved list of purchases.
U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions Thursday delivered a scalding and sarcastic attack on the use of highly skilled foreign workers by U.S. corporations that was heavily aimed at Microsoft, a chief supporter of the practice.
In a speech Wednesday on the floor of the U.S. House, Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) declared immigration reform dead.
Splunk, best known for creating systems that analyze machine-generated data, has created a tool for analyzing comments filed at Regulation.gov.
The Senate immigration bill's H-1B restrictions have clearly upset Indian firms. But sometimes being in a tough spot can prompt new ways of approaching problems. One firm is implementing software robots.
The intent of the comprehensive immigration bill's H-1B database is to improve the odds that a U.S. worker will be hired over a foreign one. But its effectiveness may depend on fuzzy terms such as "good faith" hiring, and enforcement. This is where the real legislative battle may be fought.
The most controversial tech issue taken up by the outgoing Congress was, by far, the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). Here's the outlook for legislation for the next Congress.
- IT talent war driving ‘unsustainable’ wage growth, report says
- Anti-piracy bill takes aim at ‘cyberlockers’, search engines
- Victoria Police to fit 220 patrol cars with number plate recognition cams
- New anti-piracy laws to target search engines
- Optus forks out $12 million to customers over direct carrier billing
- Motorola Solutions wins $17.3M number plate scanning deal with Vic Police
- NSW Telco Authority keeps NEC Australia for next phase of CCEP roll out
- Apple allows A/NZ users tool to see what data it has collected
- Spirit Telecom wins $1.7M Vic Govt contract in NBN alternative play
- Samsung buys network data specialists Zhilabs in 5G push
- So long, JCP: Eclipse has a new Java spec process in mind
- What is a private cloud? (And some things that it's not)
- Google aims Plus at the enterprise as consumer side falters
- Big browsers to pull support plug for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 encryption protocols in early '20
- 3..., 2..., 1? How complaints tamed Microsoft's aggressive feature upgrade strategy