Fairfax Media has named Rainer Rhedey as general manager of technology, a new role that replaces the duties and responsibilities of CIO Robyn Elliott, who resigned late last year.
governance - News, Features, and Slideshows
Organisations must trim the layers of governance built up over many years for traditional waterfall tech projects or fall victim to more agile startups, says CommBank’s senior agile coach, Stuart Mitchell.
The minute you outsource responsibility or governance of information security to a third party, you tie a noose around your neck and hand the end of the rope to a vendor.
Invitations to complete an ASX and ASIC backed cyber survey have been sent to Australia’s 100 biggest companies today with an advisory note: don’t let your CIO fill it in.
The recent Census technology debacle proves that, once again, the people responsible are getting off scot-free and face little in the way of scrutiny.
Providing business technology governance to boards is tipped to be one of the most sought after skills in the digital economy. IT leaders talk about their experiences serving on company boards.
A substandard data centre that leaked water and had air conditioning failures forced NHP Electrical Engineering Products to move its entire IT infrastructure to the cloud.
Age really is just a number. If you're keeping current on new technologies and advancement, and show a willingness to keep learning and growing, there's no reason it should be an impediment to your job search.
To use Cloud computing securely requires companies to know where their data is stored and who has access to
it. Ironically, the reason Cloud is so popular is because organisations don't want to worry about these details.
So can the issue be solved by adhering to standards? Increasing legislation? Maybe we need a global technical
disaster to ‘sober up’ an industry drunk on the power of Moore's Law.
Information security governance should not be treated like corporate governance, IT security steering committees must have the right stakeholders and the board can remain largely unaware of security issues. Those are key strategies for effective security governance, says IT security and assurance manager at Sydney Water, Stephen Frede.
Whitepapers about governance
In order to gain the most value from your data, it’s vital you have an effective data governance strategy in place. Without it, managing critical data becomes an impossible task and it can even impact on your business operations and the productivity and efficiency of your organisations. This IBM paper highlights how implementing effective data governance strategy can bring order to both structured and unstructured data.
- Cisco shares dive after reports of AWS networking kit move
- People trying to opt-out of My Health Record find they already have one
- Samsung and Uniting launch VR pilot for residents with dementia
- Google flips switch on Chrome's newest defensive technology
- Facebook, Twitter, Alphabet to testify at U.S. House hearing
- Venture capital investment in Aussie start-ups surpasses $630M
- ASG secures $11M “digital-first” deal with National Audit Office
- iQ3 partners with Vocus to boost cloud capabilities of distribution giant
- Cisco takes fresh aim at trans-Tasman SMB markets
- Deloitte merges Asia Pacific businesses to create consultancy powerhouse
- ACCC chair details consumer data right objectives and plan
- Budget Direct CMO: Experiment with voice assistants now or miss the next customer engagement wave
- Latest Hays jobs report show widespread gaps in marketing and digital skills
- Why we need to look inside the black box of AI
- Updated: Latest Mini out-of-home campaign taps contextual data insights for dynamic creative