Palo Alto Networks has discovered a widespread vulnerability in Google’s Android mobile operating system that allows attackers to hijack the installation of the Android Package File (APK) app on user devices and replace it with an app of the attacker’s choice.
- The week in security: As Intel patches yesterday’s threats, IoT and cryptocurrency are creating new ones for tomorrow
- Apple to stop ad firms hacking HTTPS protections to track iPhone users
- Surge in cryptocurrency-mining malware heralds bigger problems for CSOs
- Intel touts new Spectre-resistant Cascade Lake chips later this year
- “Truly frightening” IoT security should motivate CSOs to reconsider their endpoint strategies