More than 1,600 teenage girls, age 13-17, and 136 teachers from 61 schools, attended the recent Go Girl, Go For IT conference at Deakin University in Melbourne, which was aimed at inspiring and encouraging girls to pursue a career in science and technology. The event is spearheaded by Vic ICT for Women (a volunteer group of ICT female professionals that work to recruit and retain and promote women in IT).
- Sustained attacks on Australian education reflect data’s continued vulnerability
- Google matches Apple's iOS bug bounty: will pay up $1.5m for a really tough Android Pixel hack
- Emergent Android banking Trojan shows app overlay attacks are still effective
- Firefox’s Mozilla doubles its bug bounty cash rewards
- Australian businesses slower to detect breaches than global peers, but everyone is still taking too long