More than 1,600 teenage girls, age 13-17, and 136 teachers from 61 schools, attended the recent Go Girl, Go For IT conference at Deakin University in Melbourne, which was aimed at inspiring and encouraging girls to pursue a career in science and technology. The event is spearheaded by Vic ICT for Women (a volunteer group of ICT female professionals that work to recruit and retain and promote women in IT).
- What happens when cybercriminals start to use machine learning?
- Inside the thriving ransomware market
- Concerned about privacy, Australians embrace mandatory data-breach scheme
- Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans
- Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud