More than 1,600 teenage girls, age 13-17, and 136 teachers from 61 schools, attended the recent Go Girl, Go For IT conference at Deakin University in Melbourne, which was aimed at inspiring and encouraging girls to pursue a career in science and technology. The event is spearheaded by Vic ICT for Women (a volunteer group of ICT female professionals that work to recruit and retain and promote women in IT).
- The week in security: Early cyber education could stop people from being such easy targets – eventually
- Very Attacked People (VAPs) are doing cybercriminals’ work for them: report
- Telstra: We blocked 2.9 million scam calls in a month, but they keep coming
- Government rewriting cybersecurity conversations around consumer focus
- Chrome 77 fixes 52 security flaws, removes 'ineffective' green bar EV SSL indicators