An analytics application developed by CSIRO’s Data61 will be used to predict engine failure and reduce fuel consumption on Royal Australian Navy vessels.
ge - News, Features, and Slideshows
GE Australia and New Zealand’s president and CEO, Geoff Culbert, has quit his post and will join Sydney Airport as its chief executive in January.
A new flight data application is providing Qantas pilots with data to help them fly more efficiently and help reduce carbon emissions.
Organisations like GE will continue to emerge from the edge of known markets and sectors: quick, silent and stealthy, yet metaphorically "breathing fire" to ignite red-hot competitive tension.
Data scientists, engineers and software designers from Qantas and GE will analyse some of the 10 billion data points produced by the aviation sector annually to help the carrier cut fuel costs and carbon emissions.
- What Open Colleges did to bolster lead generaition
- Apple and Salesforce announced strategic partnership
- Former Virgin Mobile CMO and CEO joins oOh! as first customer chief
- How natural selection AI is generating huge conversion increases for RateCity
- Adobe confirms acquisition of Marketo for US$4.75bn