Garmin co-founder and chairman emeritus Gary Burrell has passed away at the age of 81.
garmin - News, Features, and Slideshows
Only 205,000 smartwatches were sold in Australia in the first half of 2015, despite heavy promotions around the devices.
Amid mounting anticipation for the Apple Watch and the recently announced Fitbit Charge HR and Surge wristbands (all of which are due in early 2015), I've been testing Garmin's new vivosmart activity tracker/smartwatch and the associated Android and iOS Garmin Connect apps.
Nike may be leaving the wearable device market, but Garmin's getting into the game with vivofit, a wristband with optional heart rate monitor aimed specifically at the runners, cyclists and swimmers Garmin already knows well.
Garmin and Navigon each launched devices at a joint news conference on Thursday, on the eve of the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA) trade show in Berlin. The navigation companies are still following separate roadmaps, Garmin's June acquisition of its former rival too recent to influence their product plans.
- Microsoft to end updates to Windows 7's free AV software, Security Essentials
- Mozilla in trouble? 2018 revenue fell 20%, expenses exceed income for first time
- Microsoft’s JEDI contract move: Those are not the cloud providers you’re looking for
- How this broker business cut email use by 30% after Slack rollout
- Microsoft names its next Windows 10 upgrade: '2004'
- Report: More work to be done to build trust digital channels, social media, programmatic
- Business culture index launches in Australia
- GroupM: Ad spending continues to slow; digital giants skew figures
- UBank uses machine learning in new spending tracker
- Salesforce B2B marketing GM: ABM, single source of truth and aligning with sales